With 30+ years’ experience in real estate, design, and construction, Riemco is equipped to be your partner at every stage of planning and execution. Every project reflects our deep commitment to environmental sustainability and “green building” practices that incorporate the best products, processes and technologies.
Design + Build
Because we are both builders and designers, we can seamlessly meld these two components to produce a home, remodel, or construction project that exceeds our client's’ expectations while staying within their budget. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of communication and transparency to every client from start to finish. We use decades of best practices combined with the latest building science, which results in durable, comfortable, and highly efficient structures. We have extensive experience with conventional framing, panelized systems (open wall and closed wall), ICF construction (Insulated Concrete Forms), and modular building systems.
Riemco's process aligns vision with reality
Whenever there is a disconnect between a designer’s vision and a builder’s realities, the client pays a price in either time, quality, or cost. Design + build is an alternative to the often-confusing process of hiring one company to design and plan a project and then seeking another company to interpret those plans and build it. With our single-source design + build system, the design process is constantly aligned with the realities of construction.
We begin with a thorough understanding of our client’s vision and an initial feasibility analysis of the project site. Design, the next step, takes that analysis and iterates the best solutions – with all vendors, construction professionals, the design team, and the client collaborating within an established budget. Final plans are fully detailed, and the project manager can then devote full energy to scheduling and technical problem-solving.
Feasibility: Remodel or build? Where do I start?
Likewise investors, prospective homeowners should look at many options and evaluate them against their wants, needs, timelines, priorities, and budgets. Riemco has the expertise to help you do this quickly and objectively within a preliminary budget framework.
Real estate and zoning laws can add a layer of complexity to construction planning, but Riemco can expedite the consideration of any such issues. With 40 years of experience in real estate and 25 in construction, Riemco offers unparalleled insight into solutions for unusual challenges.
Riemco can assist with:
- Pre-sale recommendations
- Space planning
- Site evaluations
- Pre- and post-purchase space improvement ideas
- Energy analysis and improvements
From Riemco, you can expect:
- Unique architectural design features
- Overall beauty
- Functionality and practicality
- Energy efficiency
- Comfort and livability
Custom design work that seamlessly integrates with the building process
Riemco began as a building company and gradually began providing some of the design work for its homes. Initially, it was to fill in a gap: drawings brought to them by customers did not provide detailed specifications and customers often couldn’t visualize how the two-dimensional drawings would translate into finished work.
Over time, design work was fully integrated into our building business. Now our customers’ projects are modeled in virtual 3D using computer design software, enabling homeowners to better understand spatial relationships within the home and actively participate in making decisions that affect the final results, including cost.
We can modify and/or detail a plan from another source, or we can create an original plan based on your general ideas All design work done by Riemco is integral to its building process, rather than a stand-alone service.
Custom Home Specifications
Riemco's standard building components have been designed to work together as a high performance whole house system. This system has proven to provide superior comfort, a healthy indoor living environment, superior energy efficiency, and low maintenance using durable/quality materials. This serves as a benchmark from which adjustments can be made, either up or down, to achieve the proper balance between design, function, livability, efficiency and budget.
- 10" x 20" footings w/horizontal rebar
- 9' poured walls, 10" thick
- Waterproofed walls
- Drain tile w/fabric sock, both interior & exterior
- Sump pit and pump
- Sub slab pea stone for drainage throughout
- Sub slab vapor barrier
- Passive radon mitigation
- Egress window
- Steel wide flanged I beams w/steel columns
- 9.5" Engineered I joists
- 3/4" Advantech High Performance sub floor, screwed and glued
- Engineered rim joists
- 2x6 spf, premium grade studs, 16" o.c.
- 9' first floor, 8' second floor walls
- Finger jointed studs in kitchen
- Engineered studs on walls over 10'
- 2x8 and 2x10 window and door headers
- Tyvek house wrap, taped at all joints
- Engineered roof trusses w/2x6 bottom chords
- Energy heels to provide max. insulation over exterior walls
- Hurricane clips for trusses
- 5' of Snow & Ice Guard at the eaves
- Snow & Ice Guard in all valleys
- High performance underlayment in lieu of felt
- 18" Eave(vented) and rake maintenance free overhangs
- Full length roof ridge vent
Distinctive exteriors and curb appeal is achieved utilizing design principles of balance and symmetry, form following function, the proper use of materials and textures, color combinations, roof design & materials, and windows/doors used as functional design features.
- JELD-WEN SiteLine aluminum clad, wood windows, high performance low E glass, with argon gas
- Thermatru Fiberglass, insulated front door system with sidelights
- Certainteed Landmark 30 yr Architectural Shingle
- Haas insulated 8' high garage doors with belt drive opener
- Mastic Premium Double 4 maintenance free vinyl siding
- Miratec treated premium corner, door, and window trim
- Vented aluminum soffits at eaves, solid at rakes
- Miratec frieze trim details at all overhangs
- Cultured stone/brick accents allowance
- Exterior architectural detail allowance(corbels, brackets, column/porch details, gable detailing)
- Fiber cement siding
- Azek or equivalent exterior trim
- Design and selection assistance
- Open floor plans, min 9' walls
- Varying ceiling heights with soffits, beams, floor elevation changes
- Abundant use of windows for natural light, with special attention to placement for optimal view and lighting benefits
- Fireplace, stone or brick faced with custom mantel
- Architectural interior details allowance (custom built-ins, bookshelves, window seats, mudroom bench seats/cubbies)
- Ceramic and hardwood flooring allowance
- Kraft Maid, Brookhaven cabs typ., or Custom made cabinetry allowance
- Stone and Corian countertop allowance
- Complete appliance allowance
- Lighting allowance
Bath / Plumbing
- Ceramic tile floors allowance
- Ceramic tile master shower w/custom glass enclosure allowance
- Kohler or equal faucets/fixtures allowance
- Panasonic whisper quiet bathroom exhaust fans
- Bathroom accessories allowance (towel bars, mirrors, paper holders)
- High efficiency direct vent water heater
- Recirculating hot water line
- Kinetico water softening system allowance
- Radiant hw or electric floor heat
- Curbless/barrier free shower
- Ceramic tile wainscot/backsplash
Comfort, Indoor Health and Energy Efficiency
- 95% Ultra high efficient gas forced air furnace
- Sealed hot air ductwork
- 14 seer central air conditioning
- Set back thermostat
- Heat recovery ventilation system recommended. Options:
- Geo thermal heating
- Radiant in floor heat
- Multi zoned system
- R19 blown cellulose wall insulation
- R49 blown cellulose ceiling insulation
- R10 basement EcoCell interior basement wall insulation
- 2" sub slab rigid insulation in finished LL areas
- All wall penetrations, plates caulked and sealed
- Rim joist, spray foam insulation
- 200 amp underground electrical service
- Substantial electric allowance (fans, int. & ext.lighting, specialty applications). Options:
- Generator transfer switch
- Whole house generator system
- Whole house surge protectors
Craftsmanship & More
- Our tradesmen are some of the best in the industry, and are used on every job irrespective of the size, or budget
- Our construction managers are professional, detail oriented, and accessible
- Our warranty program is pro-active and responsive
- Riemco is committed to providing an exceptional value and the best building experience possible